By the Numbers
Since 2010, MassChallenge’s unique and proven zero-equity model has accelerated more than 1,975 startups that have raised more than $4.3 billion in funding, generated more than $2.5 billion in revenue, and created more than 121,000 total jobs.
- MassChallenge has supported startups from 54 countries.
- MassChallenge alumni have generated impact the following industries:
- High Tech: 40%
- Healthcare: 25%
- General/Consumer: 15%
- Social Impact: 15%
- Energy/Clean Tech: 5%
- 87% of our startups are still active
- 87% of our startups have raised a follow-on round
- At least 50% of our startups raised funding during or immediately following program (<6 months)
- At least 20% of our startups have raised $1.5M or more
- Startups that participate in MassChallenge are 2.5x more likely to raise at least $500,000 in funding and 3x more likely to reach at least 15 employees. (MIT)
Our Commitment to Diverse Founder Teams
At MassChallenge, we believe that game-changing ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. We focus on attracting the highest quality startups, regardless of their demographics or backgrounds. Our startups are judged and selected for the accelerator program based on their merits.
Curriculum and Support
A cornerstone of our accelerator, we work closely with startup founders to create programming that supports their unique needs.
Through our Women Founder's Network, we provide female founders with the programming, networking, and connections to grow their businesses. Over the past eight years, 42% of MassChallenge’s accelerated startups have been founded by women. Those female-founded startups have raised $379 million and 92% are still active or have been acquired.